Saturday, February 19, 2005

Serenity

"Dios concedeme serenidad para aceptar lo que no puedo cambiar, valor para cambiar lo que puedo, y buen juicio para reconocer la diferencia."

Would you like that in English, now? lol I had to break out my Spanish on this one...it's just prettier that way. I'm gonna audioblog some day in Spanish, by the way lol...Anyways, most of you would recognize the above statement as:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

This has always been and always will be a foundational philosophy of how I see my life. It's encouraging, it's motivating, and it completely makes sense. Many people try too hard to change things which they have no ability to control. Sometimes we just need to sit back, look at the broad picture, and realize that some things are just what they are, and no matter how hard we try, we can't possibly change them.

~Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home